Bell Oaks Executive Search, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, focuses on helping client firms identify, attract and hire executive-level positions for their organizations.
Comprised of professionals with diverse business backgrounds and boasting a strong track record of nearly 50 years, Bell Oaks offers clients what other search firms can’t – longevity and first-hand business experience built upon solid professional relationships. Our vision is to cultivate deep relationships with our clients and partners through honesty, authenticity and integrity. The team at Bell Oaks is comprised of partners with an average tenure of 10+ years and a team of exceptional recruiters. We work cohesively as a team and focus intently on the success of one another, and, in turn, the firm and our clients.
Bell Oaks is poised for growth, and we are looking to hire a talented Associate Partner to join the firm. The Associate Partner at Bell Oaks is vital to the success of the firm, and our Associate Partner’s main focus is business development and sales – prospecting for new clients and winning searches. Beyond that, the Associate Partner will also be responsible for execution of searches, client/account management, and eventually leading search consultants (recruiters) to execute searches. Associate Partners can earn the role of Partner through their performance and their commitment to the firm.
- Four-year degree required.
- Curiosity to learn – Bell Oaks is a generalist firm, intentionally not focused on one industry or profession; as a result, our people are constantly challenged to learn about new businesses. The successful candidate must enjoy this process.
- Understand and adhere to Bell Oaks’ Core Values.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organization and the ability to multi-task with a sense of urgency.
- Utilization of a network of referral sources that can make introductions to decision-makers or refer search opportunities. These are often business leaders or individuals in other professional service firms.
- Our clients rely on accurate and thorough information. Attention to detail is critical to success.
- Thick skin and a “get-it-done” mentality to handle the ups and downs of executive search.
- Positive attitude and professional maturity.
- Openness to try new approaches, make mistakes and learn from them.
- An understanding that this is not a typical “9-5” job. Must be able to accommodate rare situations that require earlier mornings or occasional work in the evenings.
- Keen ability to evaluate talent and determine the right fit for our clients.
- Experience in sales and a fundamental understanding of how to manage a long sales cycle.
- Experience and success selling a professional service is highly preferred.
The Associate Partner’s responsibilities will encompass (but not be limited to) the following:
- Revenue generation. Meet a revenue goal each year that will increase with experience (along with earnings) as the Associate Partner grows with the firm.
- Prospecting and selling through a variety of methods, including:
- Warm-calling – calling old or existing clients and referrals
- Proposals and follow-up with prospective accounts. The AP must manage their own desk with little oversight. The AP must be accountable for their own actions and take steps to remain organized and active.
- Collaborate on searches – early on, APs will be asked to partner on searches to learn the business.
- Thoroughly interview candidates and prepare candidate presentations that provide details/data that are relevant to our clients.
- Work diligently to meet assigned activity goals.
- Contribute to the overall success of the firm! We are 47 years old, but we’re nimble and open to change. We invite participation from everyone to come up with new ideas and a better way to achieve success.
- Attend client visits and find opportunities to sell the value proposition of Bell Oaks.
- Manage searches and work directly with the client and others within the firm to successful completion.
- Attend training and development meetings as directed.
- Be enthusiastic, respectful and positive in every interaction! Bell Oaks’ key difference is how we treat candidates and clients. It is the Associate Partner’s job to provide each candidate and client with a professional experience.