Bell Oaks Executive Search, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, focuses on helping client firms identify, attract, and hire management to executive level positions for their organizations.
Comprised of professionals with diverse business backgrounds and boasting a strong track record of nearly 50 years, Bell Oaks offers clients what other search firms can’t – longevity and first-hand business experience built upon solid professional relationships. Our vision is to cultivate deep relationships with our clients and partners through honesty, authenticity, and integrity, and our mission is to be the premier search firm in the Southeast.
Bell Oaks is poised for growth, and we are looking to hire a talented Researcher to join the firm. The Researcher at Bell Oaks is a new role within the firm but one we see as vital to the success of the firm and our clients. Researchers will work with all team members to manage the research phase of the search process, in addition to other tasks listed below.
The goal and path of the Researcher is to advance to a Search Consultant.
The Researcher’s responsibilities will encompass (but not be limited to) the following:
• Conduct thorough research on every search to identify target industries, companies, and candidates.
• Support partners and search consultants to effectively execute searches on behalf of our clients.
• Support Search Consultants with data entry, candidate presentations, reports, and other efforts.
• Support the Associate Partners and Partners with preparation of marketing materials, search summaries, and research that will aid in the firm’s marketing and business development.
• Participate in launch meetings with clients as directed by the partners.
• Work diligently to meet assigned activity goals assigned by supervisor.
• Participate in candidate screens and interviews as directed by the search consultant and partner. Over time, this position should grow in responsibility to execute searches, and, eventually, the Researcher should advance to becoming a Search Consultant.
• Identify new sales opportunities for the firm and prepare summaries of the companies, searches, and decision-makers Bell Oaks should consider pursuing as directed by the partners.
• Attend training and development meetings as directed.
• Be enthusiastic, respectful, and positive in every interaction!
• Contribute to the overall success of the firm! We’re 49 years old, but we’re nimble and always working to identify opportunities to improve. We invite participation from everyone to come up with new ideas and a better way to achieve success.
• Four-year degree required.
• Curiosity to learn – Bell Oaks is a generalist firm intentionally not focused on one industry or profession; as a result, our people are constantly challenged to learn about new businesses. The successful candidate must enjoy this process.
• Understand and adhere to Bell Oaks Core Values.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Organization and the ability to multi-task.
• Our clients rely on accurate and thorough information. Attention to detail is critical to success.
• Thick skin and a “get-it-done” mentality to handle the ups and downs of executive search.
• Positive attitude and professional maturity.
• Openness to try new approaches, make mistakes, and learn from them.
• An understanding that this is not a typical “9-5” job. Must be able to accommodate rare situations that require earlier mornings or occasional work in the evenings.
• Keen ability to evaluate talent and determine the right fit for our clients.